Former Republican Senate leader Bill Frist on Robert Mueller and his investigation:
Former FBI and CIA director in support of Mueller:
Comparison of Mueller’s staffing to that of Ken Starr, who investigated Clinton:
A summary of the investigation so far:
The memos Comey released after leaving FBI did not contain classified information:
The investigation began because a Trump campaign staffer blabbed about hearing from the Russians that they had possession of HRC’s emails.
On the makeup of Mueller’s team
Lawyers tend to be dems, agents tend to be republicans, and we only know about some of the lawyers Law/policy prevented Mueller from considering political leanings
Alberto Gonzales (attorney general under GW Bush) in support of Mueller and the investigation
Politifact article debunking key Garrett assertions
Snopes articles on Steele Dossier:
National Review / Andrew McCarthy on the FISA application and the Steele Dossier
– Steele dossier not verified before use in FISA app
Brennan Center against McCarthy opinion, above
– Steele dossier met probable cause standard for FISA app
– Steele did not know he was working for DNC/Clinton
– Russia investigation already underway and Carter Page no longer with Trump campaign when FISA application first submitted
Vanity Fair article from early 2017 with the backstory of the Steele dossier.
– The FBI got the dossier from Steele, not DNC/Clinton
Wikipedia entry on the Steele dossier; seems to be thorough and well-sourced.